Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a game computer

• Please log in to reply

Aaron

Aaron

Expert

• Expert
  • 3,155 posts
Hi

My brother wants to buy a new gaming computer, but I would like some advice for the hardware selection. I made my own computer with online help too (see profile for specs) and I'm very happy with it.
So he needs the computer + monitor and keyboard (mouse, Windows and boxes are not needed). He would like to pay about 1100 - 1200 €. This is what I found on a website and I think it looks pretty good (but I'm totally not an expert in the hardware world :D):

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Asrock 870 Extreme3
Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
Crucial RealSSD C300 2.5" 64GB
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB
Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW
Club3D HD6950 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E
Cooler Master CM 690 II
Antec TruePower TP-650
Sony Optiarc AD-7260S Zwart
Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard (AZERTY)
(source [in Dutch]: http://tweakers.net/...amesysteem.html)

But I'm not 100 % for the RAM, looks like it's very cheap, but how's the quality (and speed)?
And I heard about some new processors coming out soon (Sandy Bridge), are these worth buying instead?

Thanks in advance!
Maser00

Advertisements

Jeremy662

Jeremy662

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I would go with a quad core and go with better memory. Just going to bottle neck the six core unless you go with large amounts of fast ram anyway. Just my opinion with the budget. and as far as a keyboard, i have this on....... http://www.bestbuy.c...tract_desc=null
Great for gaming in low light.

Aaron

Aaron

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,155 posts
What ram and processor would you advice then? :D

EDIT: what do you think of this.