Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard drive file recovery (hd size problem)

• Please log in to reply

super snake

super snake

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

Due to a HUGE virus attack I removed my 250 gig (files) drive (no viruses) and reformatted my 40 gig C drive (system files and OS) with windows XP. Anyway Windows xp pro cannot see 250 gig drives without service pack 1, so when i plugged the 250 gig drive in it saw it as a 150 and deleted records of stuff from the drive.

This was annoying as my next task was to install the service pack to get it to see the entire drive.

Q: after service pack 1 has been installed and it sees the entire 250 gigs can I recover the files? I have saved nothing onto the drive.

Mnay Thanks

the SUPER SNAKE

Advertisements