Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 210y Desktop (card reader fix needed please)

• Please log in to reply

i2onnel

i2onnel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What's going on and thanks in advance!

Hi guys! I have the HP 210y desktop, and it has a built in multi card reader.

It has never really bothered me until today... The only time I'm able to look at content on cards when I insert the card, nothing happens but it does show up on the My Computer section. I have to then right click on the drive, eject it, then pull out the card, and re-insert it... Then the auto play thing actually comes on.

What can I do to make it so right when I put the card in for the first time, the auto play comes on instead of me having to eject and etc.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
auto play is disabled by 'default' in Win7 for your own protection. You might have a look here http://www.sevenforu...le-autorun.html and decide what you want to do.