Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection problem w/winsock issues

• Please log in to reply

lady_jodie

lady_jodie

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I have an WinXP SR3 computer that has a persistant Winsock issue. The wireless modem appears to working fine and making a connection but I cannot access the intert at all. I have tried the WinsockFix utility with no success.

I have am also pretty sure that the root of this problem goes back to am incorrectly removed or missed malware. I have seen evidence of two different "system tool" type software but I am not able to determine of these files are just leftover files or still running.

MalewareBytes is not finding anything in a quick scan but the database is 20 days old and I cannot update it.

There may be other issues but so far the total inability to connect to the internet is the only one I am running into.

The OTL report is attached.

Jodie B

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   74.05KB   106 downloads

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
We are not allowed to analyse OTL reports or address any other malware-related problems on this forum section.
Please post on the 'malware removal' forum here: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/