Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd-rw formatted

• Please log in to reply

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
pls help me to recover my data on my dvd-rw. i accidentally formatted it on my sony camcorder. ive search in the internet for free data recovery tools for cd/dvd ive got try one but it didnt recover my data. could anyone here help me if there are any free dvd/cd data recovery out there?? thanks in advance

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
can't help you get your data back but you should stop using re-writable discs so it can't happen again.
Write-once discs don't cost a fortune so if your data is precious that's what you should use.
Furthermore, it's long been known that Re-writeable discs are inherently less reliable anyway than the write-once type.
People have lost data on RW discs without doing anything to cause it.