Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I dual-sub woofer my computer speakers?

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello!
I'm just curious, Can I dual sub-woofer my computer speakers?
Thanks!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
That's impossible to answer with you telling us absolutely nothing about current speakers, their connections or capabilities. :D

http://support.micro...kb/555375/en-us

That said, I doubt it because most computer speakers have all the amplifier electronics in the subwoofer. So it is not likely your system has an output to feed another subwoofer.

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Well I'm getting new speakers (Logitech Z680 5.1 Computer Speakers) and my current speakers are the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System.
I want to hook up my New speakers with my old speakers to create a 7.1 system. (Hopefully a 7.2 system!)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well, much of that would depend on the outputs provided by the sound card. If you want 7.1, I recommend you buy a 7.1 speaker system. Since bass is pretty much omni-directional, if you get a good one to start, you don't need 2.