Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Switch user quit working

• Please log in to reply

rc775

rc775

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Also disabled Guest acct and changed hers to Limited acct, no fix again, it's been doing this for couple of mos, fast switching has been not working for over a year. It does the same thing when logging off guest acct too. Everything else on entire computer works perfect and fast. Using all most all of the tweaks from here.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

Have asked her what she is doing to cause this, says nothing! hehee

;) Men! :D

rc, I'm not one to throw in the towel so easily. Many people don't realize that Windows has a "hidden" (built in) Administrators acct. that can only be accessed in Safe Mode. Just because you are the Administrator doesn't mean you are!

The built-in Administrator account is hidden from Welcome Screen when a user account with Administrator privileges exists and enabled. In Windows XP Home Edition, you can login as built-in Administrator in Safe Mode only.

See this link here--> How to login as Administrator in Windows XP?

Also see this link here--> Error Message: Unable to Log You on Because of an Account Restriction

Not sure if that will help, but it may trigger an idea for one of the other members.

I can go to wifes account, then log off and my cursor will be there, but when she goes to her acct for awhile and logs out, that's when the cursor disappears in my login box.

Just more proof that it is a woman's world!! ;)

PS: Ask her sweetly to buy you a computer of your own...problem solved! ;)

Sorry that I couldn't help you resolve this issue. If it were my computer and had access to a disk, I'd try a Repair Install.

Have a nice day and it was a pleasure to help you rc, what little help I offered!

Donna :(

rc775

rc775

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
OK thanks anyway, I have been using Safe mode to administrator acct for 10+ yrs, already tried that first. Something must be missing or not getting along with another program, etc.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What about creating a new account and moving the documents and settings folder after verifying everything works with the new account?