Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphic Card Cooler

• Please log in to reply

kuttx

kuttx

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have ati radeon hd 4870x2 graphic card and i need a new cooler for it.No point recommend ac accelero xtreme 4870x2 because no one sell it.help please.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Did the stock cooler go bad? You might look at your case cooling to make sure it is pushing the heat out of the case. If the cooler is simply blowing hot air on the heat sink, a better cooler may be of no help.

kuttx

kuttx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Itīs always been that way if i play games the temperature goes over 100°C.I just need a new cooler.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well, sorry but I don't have cooler to suggest, but I would still be concerned about case cooling. 100 is high, but not really excessive - that is, not to the point I would be worried about damage. Are you having stability or artifact problems?

kuttx

kuttx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No i donīt itīs just to hot and the sound what itīs making is too loud.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
You mean the sound from the fan running full speed?

What are your CPU temps?

kuttx

kuttx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, i donīt know CPU temp.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
If the CPU temp is high too, then you need to concentrate on case cooling. In the meantime, if you are overclocking, stop. Overclocking should never be done without constant temperature monitoring. Your motherboard utilities disk should have a monitoring program (or check for a more recent version on your motherboard or PC maker's website). If none, I recommend CoreTemp for newer Intel and AMD64 CPUs, or http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>RealTemp for Intels. SpeedFan is a great and popular alternative, or you can try Motherboard Monitor. Unfortunately, I have found that these programs often have problems properly identifying and labeling the sensor they are reading. The temperatures shown are as accurate as the inexpensive, low-tech sensors will allow, but it may say System Fan instead of CPU Fan. Fortunately, the programs do allow you to edit the labels, so I use Everest to verify the temperatures (as it is able to put sensor to label correctly), then edit the label in the monitoring program. In Everest, look under Computer > Sensor, then wait a couple seconds for the readings to appear. Unfortunately, Everest does not minimize to the system tray to show real-time temperatures, otherwise, you could use Everest instead of the others.