computer won't startup - #2
Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:00 PM
Click here to download the norton removal tool. Save it to your desktop.
On the Windows desktop, double-click the Norton Removal Tool icon.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Pick AVG or Avast to keep. Below the instructions are how to remove AVG but it will work for Avast too.
Edit: please remove AVG because ComboFix requires it to be removed because AVG will conflict with ComboFix. You can install it later if you want.
Download AppRemover and run it.
Click Next >>
Ensure "Remove Security Application" is collected and click Next >>
AppRemover will scan all the security applications on your PC
Select Any AVG entries from the applications offered and click Next >> twice.
Follow any further on-screen instructions. If asked to reboot,please do so.
Download ComboFix here :
* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you don't know how to disable them then just continue on.
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt log in your next reply.
Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:20 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users