Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 6 Switches open windows automatically

• Please log in to reply

theamcguy

theamcguy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have 2 windows open in IE6. I'll open a new window and start to read something and the view will switch to another window without my doing anything. It does not happen every time but enough to be an annoyance. Any Ideas? TIA

Edited by theamcguy, 27 May 2005 - 08:16 AM.

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Sounds like your browser has been highjacked.

Have you ran Ad-aware and spybot lately?
If not go to the homepage of this website and download those 2 programs. It detects spyware and helps you to delete them. Whatever it finds, check it and delete it. Make sure you "check for updates" when you run each program.

Good Luck

theamcguy

theamcguy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It's not that type of problem, it just switches to another open window, not another site. I keep a window open to ebay and one on my yahoo. If I open a new news story in another window, I start reading and it sometimes will switch to either the ebay or the yahoo window by itself. Might do it once a day. Started after installing a wireless mouse.