Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't unsubscribe from daily email

• Please log in to reply

sm1984

sm1984

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I (regrettably) signed up for a stupid email joke of the day from funnyjokerating.com and I can't get them to stop emailing me. I've been all over their website looking for an unsubscribe button but apparently they hid it in Narnia because I can't find it. I've also blocked the email address and domain from my outlook and my business tech quarantine thing that's supposed to stop them from coming to my account but somehow, I'm still getting them. I've sent at least 5 emails to the webmaster asking to be taken off their list but the only response I get is another joke!! I'm getting so frustrated and I'm praying that someone here knows how to stop them before I go insane.

And yes - I do realize I'm a moron for subscribing in the first place but I can't undo it now and I've learned my lesson, I swear.

Advertisements

traveler818

traveler818

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I had a similar problem. I enrolled through one email account. Then I started getting duplicate copies--all daily. They found my two other accounts and started sending daily copies there too and to my home page. They hid their unsubscribe button in Narnia too. I emailed them 11 times to please stop. Time will tell. I reported their email as report spam, and it seems to have worked. So far so good. It hasnt been long but I see no harm in doing that as an easy first step to see what happens. If they still don't stop, report spam with every email for a week or so. For both of our sakes, I hope that does the trick. If not, you're in the right place.

For future reference, you can enroll in WOT (Web of Trust): mywot.com. It's free, and it is not an antivirus program. Be sure to register. Then every website & all email links will have a small color coded rating. After I did that, I found red circles all over the page (next to all the links--a warning not to click on those links) of the site. They also usually, not always, block a red rated sight so you avoid visiting the site, you can ignore the warning & go to the site(I never do), or find out why the site is rated red. It's red-bad, yellow-questionable, green-safe. Anytime you want to learn more about the site you are on or check any other site, just click the circle at the upper left and it takes you to WOT's page. I won't surf the web without it. The staff is helpful if you have questions.

Edited by traveler818, 10 January 2011 - 12:36 PM.