Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc reboots after i try to login

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Here you go

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Did you forgot to attach the file?

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Here you go #2

Yeah I did. Has been a very long day.

Attached Files

Edited by Kinyo, 17 January 2011 - 11:10 PM.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Thank you. Were done for today (and I think its late in your side of the planet) :D I'll review the dump files.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Let me know what they say and what they mean. I too, would like to know why my dumb computer can't get Windows to work.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts

Dump File : 011711-48921-01.dmp
Crash Time : 1/17/11 12:45:08
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000008
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff800`02a97591
Caused By Driver : ataport.SYS
Caused By Address : ataport.SYS+161a0
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Documents and Settings\Newtab\My Documents\Downloads\011711-48921-01\011711-48921-01\011711-48921-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
Dump File Size : 275,536

Ok lets try this, restart computer and go to the BIOS and change the SATA settings to AHCI and see if windows will still launch.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi kinyo,

Spent sometime reading your computer model's manual. According to it, there is an option for returning your system to its factory condition.

Recovering from the hard drive during startup
To reinstall Windows and all pre-installed software and drivers:

1. Turn on your computer, then press Alt+F10 during startup. Gateway Recovery Management opens.
2. Click on Restore system from factory default.
Caution: Continuing the process will erase all files on your hard drive.
3. Click on Next. Your hard drive’s original, factory-loaded contents are recovered. This process will take several
minutes.

Seems worth a try.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Tried both, neither worked. Got BSOD on each time.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi,

Tried both, neither worked. Got BSOD on each time.

I am interested in what happened after you press Alt+F10. Did it launch recovery at all? If so, how far before you encounter BSOD?

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
ALT+f10 = Recovery disks. That is pretty much the same thing. Or at least the same thing happened. Then Windows booted up and while I was entering the password of the new user I got BSOD.

I talked to a friend, he thinks the HDD is finished and I need a new one. What do you think?

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi kinyo,

ALT+f10 = Recovery disks. That is pretty much the same thing. Or at least the same thing happened. Then Windows booted up and while I was entering the password of the new user I got BSOD.

I reckon Alt+F10 would use a different recovery data which is stored in a hidden partition on your harddisk. At least it should look different than when we were just using the recovery disc, was it?

I talked to a friend, he thinks the HDD is finished and I need a new one. What do you think?

Hardware problem would most certainly show the same kind of symptoms.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
The ALT+F10 method seemed a bit faster, other then that it was the same. It gave me 2 options. Delete everything, or go to Factory Defaults. I selected Delete everything. If you want I can do it again and select Factory Defaults. But I have a gut feeling it is going to produce the same results.

If it is a hardware problem, do we know which piece of hardware? Because I have a 1 TB HDD, It is only $100 to replace it.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi,

We're going to diagnose HD next. But to be sure that no-stones-are-left-unturned please try the factory defaults. (Might be a good idea to turn-on RAID in BIOS first - as it was the default before we started).

Game.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
You got it boss. lets show this puppy who is boss =)

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Excellent. Give me a log so I can review the security measures.

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click on Minimal Output at the top
  • Select All Users
  • Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
  • Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
  • A window will appear saying "Click Ok to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
  • Click the Ok button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
  • Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
  • Click the
    Quick Scan
    button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic