Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc reboots after i try to login

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
How do I do all that on a computer that I can only turn on or off? USB Drive?

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Oops. I thought you were finished with the recovery. :D Continue then and report.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Recovery is done. Windows is booting up as we speak. but if we get BSOD, what then?

Speak of the devil, it just happened. Wouldnt even let me create a user or anything.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Restart, Press F8 and choose low resolution and see how far will it then go.

Edited by Salagubang, 18 January 2011 - 11:58 PM.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
"The computer started unexpectantly..." error message

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Ok, we'll continue after a few hours. I'll need consult the oracle (expert).

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
The oracle? Haha, sexy lady (movie 300) or old lady (movie matrix)

I bet $5 its a guy.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi kinyo,

Now on to testing the HD.
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287 (look for featured articles and click on Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities)
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
How do I find out the brand of my HD, without unscrewing it? Because it is hard to get out with a screw driver.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is a Seagate

EDIT#2: Everything is done. I burned the CD. Put it in, and am loading up the infected pc with the CD

Edited by Kinyo, 19 January 2011 - 07:10 PM.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Posted Image

st3100528as

You have a SEAGATE. :D

Advertisements

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
How do I begin the scan? You want a screenshot?

At the bottom it says "Test Information and Results" and below it says "Device scan complete" But there are no "Test results"

Edited by Kinyo, 19 January 2011 - 07:15 PM.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
I did a short test, and it passed. Doing a long test right now to see how it goes.

Also, I dont know if you know, but can you tell me what type of mother board I have (So I can look for a new one if I have to) And the same with HD? I am guessing it is a 3.5" SATA

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi,

http://www.seagate.c...ols/seatooldreg

• In order to use the newest SeaTools for DOS download the bootable CD image version to your desktop.
  • Burn the .ISO file to a CD. View Knowledge Base article 201431 for instructions on how to do this.
  • Once the bootable media has been created, boot the computer with the media in the drive. If it doesn't boot from the media the boot order may need to be adjusted in the computer BIOS. See Knowledge Base article 184971 or the user guide for your computer for information on changing boot sequence.

NOTE: If you have any difficulty booting with v2.22 above, please use one of the legacy v2.20 downloads below.
  • To run SeaTools, accept the End User License Agreement and follow the on-screen instructions or view the tutorial for more details.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Hi,

http://www.seagate.c...ols/seatooldreg

• In order to use the newest SeaTools for DOS download the bootable CD image version to your desktop.
  • Burn the .ISO file to a CD. View Knowledge Base article 201431 for instructions on how to do this.
  • Once the bootable media has been created, boot the computer with the media in the drive. If it doesn't boot from the media the boot order may need to be adjusted in the computer BIOS. See Knowledge Base article 184971 or the user guide for your computer for information on changing boot sequence.

NOTE: If you have any difficulty booting with v2.22 above, please use one of the legacy v2.20 downloads below.
  • To run SeaTools, accept the End User License Agreement and follow the on-screen instructions or view the tutorial for more details.

I did the v2.20. Running test right now. I can abort it and download 2.22 and give that a try if it is a lot better?

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts

I did the v2.20. Running test right now. I can abort it and download 2.22 and give that a try if it is a lot better?

2.20 is OK.