Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pc reboots after i try to login

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
I will most likely try Plan B first then Plan A. Because I dont have a VGA cable plugged in.

Unfortunately I slept in and have to rush out to work this morning. When I come home later I will start right away.

I was going to ask, do you think some of my hardware is defective? Or is it a virus/malware/worm?

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts
Hi kinyo,

1. All of the malwares should have been wiped when we done first recovery. So no, were not worried about viruses anymore.
2. Have a read here and you'll find problems similar to what we are encountering. Maybe you have an old monitor (tuck in basement) with using the old vga?

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Close the computer cover then connect your video card to the computers internal vga port.

I removed the Video Card. What do I do next? How do I connect it to the internal VGA port? I see another blue plugin on the back. But it is not being used.

For the moment all I have is a DVI (the white one) and I have an HDMI. I will try to get a VGA. (Going to a friends house right now to see if I can borrow it. Will be back later.)

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Doesn't look like I can get my hands on a VGA cable. If it is very important then I will go and buy one. If we can do it without, then lets do that.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts
Proceed with Plan B (on DVI).

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
I removed the Video Card. What do I do next? How do I connect it to the internal VGA port? I see another blue plugin on the back. But it is not being used.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts

How many video ports do you see at the back of the computer? Does your monitor cable fit in to any of those ports?

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
When I take my Video Card out, I have a VGA and a HDMI port thats from my mother board. Should I get a HDMI cable?

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts
HDMI it is. :D

If we get bluescreen, at least its in HD. =))

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Sure enough, the error message came up in HD :D

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts
Do we still have the same error msg as we had before?

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Yeah, Windows says "Setup is preparing your computer for first use"

Then a pop up with a red circle and a X in it comes up and says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the Computer, and then restart the installation."

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts
Since we dont have a VGA cable yet. I'd like you to try this.

Start the recovery again.
Now when we get to the part that windows is going to restart for the first time, while the computer off, disconnect the monitor cable and let it run for a good 5 minutes (or up until you noticed that harddisk activity has already ceased). Connect monitor after this and post what is on the screen.

Kinyo

Kinyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
I heard the PC reboot 2 times, and when I plugged the monitor back in this is what I saw:

Posted Image

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts
Restart computer, press F8 until the boot menu shows up.
Choose VGA mode. Lets see how far will it go.