Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I test my HD?

• Please log in to reply

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Much more, and I will have a kitten.

;)
No don't do that as everything we are doing is pointing to the WA as the culprit so I'm just helping you get the proof now to show them,

Hi, I hear ya, and I have been telling them that too. Sure am glad you listen to me, and I'll try to refrain from having a kitten! THANK YOU for all your help! Nice to know someone other than myself is seeing the same thing REALLY! :D

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The test and diagnostics don't lie.
We have tested everything and gotten rid of anything that may be the issue.
According to what you have told me the system runs fine other then when you online correct?

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

The test and diagnostics don't lie.
We have tested everything and gotten rid of anything that may be the issue.
According to what you have told me the system runs fine other then when you online correct?

Hello rshaffer61, yes, that is correct. The system is in great condition, and I am only using 10% of my HD capacity. No errors other than the WA.. That was it. Now, I am checking to see if I can stay connected without getting booted offline. Will keep you posted :D

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hello rshaffer61, I just got reconnected. I was on FF. and that WA just shut right down, and it is supposed to be integrated with both my browsers (IE and FF) but since it shut down while on FF, I rebooted and am now in IE.

I sure do hope this is not going to continue, but am afraid it looks to me, like it is not working with FF. It does show in the add ons, so it should be. Grrrr. Sounds like this is going to be fun, alright. I just reconnected at 6:21 PM.

Like I said, I am on IE 7 now, so will see how long I can stay connected. Any thoughts? :D

Edit: No error this time, it just plain shut down. WEIRD!

Edited by Tee*Cee, 15 January 2011 - 05:32 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm wondering you said you are on dial up right?
I wonder if you disabled the option from having phone calls knocking you off line.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

I'm wondering you said you are on dial up right?
I wonder if you disabled the option from having phone calls knocking you off line.

Yeah, did that a long time ago. That is not an issue. Yes, I am on dial up.

Seems to me, at least, it isn't integrating with FF. Give me a few minutes, I'll close out IE and open FF, and I'll be back, and see how long it stays on. It lasted 10 minutes on FF a while ago. Yeah, this is getting really old , and I have been with the same ISP since 2000. Also, I pay for this service, and should be getting it without these hassles. I'll be back, :D

Edited by Tee*Cee, 15 January 2011 - 05:48 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah this is a strange one for sure.

Unless there is something that says after so long of no activity it shuts off I can't see anything else causing this issue.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Unless there is something that says after so long of no activity it shuts off I can't see anything else causing this issue.

There is nothing on the WA settings to set anything like that. All it has, is connection ports, and yes, it is weird. Funny, tho, it worked so good yesterday. and I know no one is in the office on w/e. I'll BRB :D

OK, 6:55PM, and I am back here on FF.

Just looked back on the WA download link, and this is what it shows as being accelerated:

* Privacy Manager - clear you cache, cookies, and history in one click Nope, never seen that on mine.
* Internet Explorer® Toolbar - change your settings more conveniently Yes, it is on IE toolbar
* FTP Acceleration - Accelerate FTP file transfer Yes, that is checked
* Banner-Ad Blocking - Stop the ads and surf faster NO!
* Integrated Diagnostic Support Tool - help us solve your problem faster It will diagnose, but it never wrong. Always says it is working properly.

Web browsers:

* Internet Explorer 5.0® and later
* Firefox® 1.5 and later

My FF is 3.6.13 Should work fine.
My IE is IE 7 SP3

I am HOPING it was only a glitch, this time. ;)

Edited by Tee*Cee, 15 January 2011 - 06:14 PM.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

You know, I would almost believe that being the culprit, but I keep 6 web pages open and one is always being used, so I think we can safely toss that theory out. So far, it is still working. Maybe it was a fluke. Wouldn't that be nice?? I guess time will tell. :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Privacy Manager - clear you cache, cookies, and history in one click Nope, never seen that on mine.

This stuff can be cleared using TFC or ATF. It clears all they are mentioning.

Advertisements

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hi rshaffer61, yes, I know, I do that as part of my monthly maintanance, and with ATF. No problem there, as long as I don't clear my cookies, or PW's. Also, I NEED FF to get into some very secure sites, that won't allow IE. Weird, but that is the way they set up the sites, because too many people had 'issues' with IE in them, so they told me to use FF. So, if I am to check on Med. claims, I need FF to do it.

I do monthly maintenance, of clearing Temp Int Files, History, Cache, Disk Cleanup, Defrag, so that is nothing new to me. Especially after going to Malware School. That stuff is more important than I thought to keep clean, and I do keep my AV updated, as well as my FW. So far, so good, and HOPE it continues. :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good job and yes it is important to keep it cleaned up.
Has your ISp said anything about looking at the link to see what we have done?

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Good job and yes it is important to keep it cleaned up.
Has your ISp said anything about looking at the link to see what we have done?

Hi, Nope, I haven't heard a word yet. I am sure, if they do, they will post. Last I heard, they wanted me to bring in my Tower.

Yes, I do maintenance monthly. Good rule of thumb for me, and I do stress that to all my neighbors, even printed out a checklist for them! Gotta keep them clean! :D

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Hey Rshaffer Teecee Needs to know how to find out what is conflicting with port 80. The ISP told her she needs to find what else is using port 80 on her pc. How would she go about this? She is still getting errors and being disconnected.
Regards
BT

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Does she by chance have a IM program at the same time she is using the browser?
If so turn the IM off and try it.
Another possible programs is a P2P program or a phone program like Skype or Magic Jack.