Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen pulses/cursor disappears & can't type

• Please log in to reply

susan371

susan371

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was doing a routine upgrade to Spyware Doctor on my Windows 7 system and it caused a crash. The computer would not restart except in safe mode and to get it to work again I had to do a system restore to a point on Jan 5. Since then, all programs seem to work but the screen pulses (not on a regular pulse but every few seconds) and the cursor disappears and whatever I am typing during part of the pulse doesn't show up. It is the same in any program (Word, e-mail, Internet boxes to fill in, this topic etc). I can usually type maybe 3 or 4 letters before I lose the cursor. Everything worked perfectly before the attempted Spyware Doctor upgrade. The computer is a Gateway dual core processor about a year old. Just after the system restore my Norton 360 was giving me error messages about not protecting my email, although all the settings were correct but this corrected itself after I had turned the computer on and off twice.

Advertisements