Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speakers crackle and pop ( HELP )

• Please log in to reply

LaVillaStrangiato

LaVillaStrangiato

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
So I've recently built my first computer . Everything went smooth. I did notice however that the speakers crackle and pop from time to time when I use things like YOUTUBE or anything streaming mainly. Not so much when I just play a regular MP3 on Winamp. I'm beginning to think it is the realtek hd audio drivers ( which I reinstalled a few times to no avail ) and I was wondering if its possible to get a completely different audio driver other than the one recommended by the motherboard website ? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

(note, its not the speakers, I have tested them out in other computers and they are fine )

specs :
ASRock 770 EXTREME3 AM3
AMD Athlon II X3 455
3.31 ghz , 4gb ram
EVGA gtx 460 768mb
Windows XP Pro SP3

Edited by LaVillaStrangiato, 12 January 2011 - 04:12 PM.

Advertisements