Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 2003 wallpaper change.

• Please log in to reply

freddyoca

freddyoca

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
I use Remote Desktop to win server 2003 standard edition 32-bit. It is an active directory domain. I am trying to change the wallpaper, but when I go to display properties --> Desktop -- the Background is gray.

I had change through GPEDIT.MSC under User Configuration --> Administrative Templates--> Desktop--> Active Desktop--> Active Desktop Wallpaper

I enabled "Enable Active Desktop" "Active Desktop Wallpaper" and Allow only bitmapped wallpaper".

I have also change through GPEDIT.MSC under Computer Configuration--> Administrative Templates--> Windows Components--> Terminal Services

I enable "Always show desktop on connection" and disable "Enforce Removal of Remote Desktop Wallpaper".

I also have add the picture to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\pic.bmp"

I have also change on Remote Desktop Connection client enabled to have remote wallpaper. Open
the saved Remote Desktop Connection file to the server you are connecting and click the Experience tab. Place a check in the option “Desktop background”. This allows the client to see enabled desktop wallpapers.

I have also type “mmc” to open the Microsoft Management Console. Click File -> Add/Remove Snap-in. Click the “Add…” button, choose “Group Policy Object Editor” from the list and click “Add” (you may have to push “Finish”) then “Close” then “OK”.

After all this I still have not be able to change the wallpaper on this server. What else can i do? HELP!! :D

Advertisements