Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

how to grade video

• Please log in to reply

Rascle53

Rascle53

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
hi agian everyone, im bacccccck lol..simple question for yall out ther today that i do not quite understand how to do,,how do ya grade onboard video,video cards?
im lookin at two laptops to purchase, older ones , but should do what im lookinto do with them,( gaming )
heres the stats for both,one is a hp dv7 1245dx the 2ns is hp dv6 1245dx.

ATI RADEON HD 3200 graphics RS780M Up to 1759MB

INtel GMA 4500MHD Up to 1759MB

i have no idea which is good an will do what i want an which wont,how do ya rate video or video cards?
another question is if ya notice at the end is says " UP TO 1759" does that mean the onboard video is capalbe of running that much video memory?
thanks in advance coz i know yall will not steer me wrong
Rascle

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All integrated onboard graphics, to be perfectly honest, suck, but they are ideal for laptops as it brings the cost down of them.

What exactly do you want to do? What games do you want to play?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Hi Rascle53,
Dependent on the games you intend playing you may be disappointed with most laptops performance where gaming is concerned, it is not what they were designed for + they have limited upgrade options with additional Ram and a larger capacity HDD being about your only upgrade options.

1st: http://reviews.cnet....7-33712892.html

2nd: http://reviews.cnet....7-33496193.html

UP TO 1759" does that mean the onboard video is capable of running that much video memory?

As the onboard video chip shares the system memory the more intensive the graphics are the more system memory the video chip uses, upgrading the Ram is the only way you will achieve 1759 consistently, what other programmes you have running in the back ground can also affect this with some AV programmes in particular being hogs on system resources.
Performance wise they are similar, I would look at how much more it was going to cost me for going from a 16" to a 17" screen.

Rascle53

Rascle53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
only 2 i TRY and play are the call of duty games and combat arms, but within timeim sure ill come across more games thta will take higher standards of video

Rascle53

Rascle53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
im not a hardcore gammer, i jsut enjoy gettin my @ss shot off now an then,lolol!