Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system image

• Please log in to reply

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
pls i dont know if it can be done and i really need to do this now. we are a big family so all in all we have 3 computers. i want to backup our 3 computers including the OS (system image) thats what i know its called i hope im right. but i want to backup it all in 1 external hard disk. i got 300GB of hard disk which i think is more than enough. my question is if it is possible that i create 3 partition of my external hard disk and backup all our 3 computers in each partition??? will there be any conflict if i did that in time that i need to restore it back??? thanks in advance

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
No, there shouldn't be a conflict.

You need to make sure that 300GB is enough though. (What is the total size of all of the hard drives in all three of your systems?)

Don't forget that you'll also need a way to be able to run the Restore software on a system with an empty hard drive. You don't want to have to install Windows first, and then the Backup/Restore software before you can even start your restore. You want a CD/DVD that will boot your computer and then restore your backup from your external hard drive.

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
@spywaredr ok thank you very much. yes 100 GB each is more than enough. thanks for the quick reply.i feel like a geek now :D.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
:D