Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer won't delete document

• Please log in to reply

dermaptera

dermaptera

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have an HP psc 1215 printer connected to an HP laptop running Vista. I've used the printer many times with no problems. Now on starting it I got a paper jam message, although there was no jam. That was cleared - switched off etc. - and it's not saying that now. Everything is apparently okay. But the original document which it couldn't print can't be deleted. I've tried from both the control panel and the printer dialogue box, and while it has happily deleted the documents in the queue it won't clear the original (it says it's deleting but gets no further). It won't print anything until that's gone.
How can I get rid of this?

Advertisements

dermaptera

dermaptera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Problem now solved.

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
That's good that you got it resolved, but can you post how you resolved the issue so that other can see? I was going to point out that you could go to services.msc and restart the print spooler.

Edited by mgabriel, 15 January 2011 - 08:52 AM.

dermaptera

dermaptera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Embarrassingly, I re-started the computer. :D