Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hijackthis log

• Please log in to reply

parshooter11

parshooter11

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I believe I have too many items starting up during boot up and I don't know what and how to get rid of the "extra" stuff when the computer boots up.

I also have a runnerfilename runner error window that comes up at boot up that is logitech desktop messenger lacks a '-' the app id separator.

Also, sometimes my Trend Micro Titanium software will stay in "starting protection mode" for a long time and I have to reboot to get it to finally go to the "protected" mode.

Boot up takes a long time.

As you can see, have many issues and not a clue as to what to do. Hijack logs attached from today.

THANK YOU!!!!!!Attached File  hijackthis Jan 2011.log   12.93KB   34 downloadsAttached File  hijackthis file Jan 2011.log   12.83KB   36 downloads

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello parshooter11.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :D
;) ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

Though HJT shows the startups I prefer to use Autoruns to specifically see the info and be able to assist you.
Please do the following and I will do everything I can to assist you with your issue.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

parshooter11

parshooter11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for the quick response! Please find the autorun file attached. There were a few files that said the file couldn't find the file to delete it...others deleted without any issue. I had to zip the file as it was almost 3 MbAttached File  AutoRuns.zip   134.65KB   21 downloads

Parshooter

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah it was to big cause it was saved as the default arn file type.
Try going back and saving it as a txt file type and then attaching it.
The arn does not display correctly so ti is harder to look through it.

parshooter11

parshooter11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks! Let's hope this works!!Attached File  AutoRuns.txt   85.43KB   31 downloads