Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp to 98se

• Please log in to reply

HvyFuel

HvyFuel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all. I've just installed 98se on a new puter that had xp. Told it to delete partitions during install but it's only using 2gig of the 80gig available, so I'm guessing the original partition's still there. Can someone give me a quick run through on the dos commands to wipe the drive completely and reformat with fat32 please?

plus, I've installed my old 10gig drive as a slave and am hoping to keep the contents intact. Guidance on making bios recognise it without formatting it please?

I had a reasonably knowledge of dos once but i think my connections have come loose over time ;)

All :tazz: greatly appreciated.

;)

Advertisements

HvyFuel

HvyFuel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Quick trip into fdisk sorted my partition problems, delete old, create new. So now I've got 76.6gig recognised by 98se, which I'm happy with. All I need to do now is get it recognise the second hd.

The dvd is set as primary master atm with the current c as primary slave. So can someone confirm for me... if I put the current and new HDs on the same ide cable, current as master, and put another cable in for the dvd as secondary master, am I missing anything?

Any hints appreciated.
ta

HvyFuel

HvyFuel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Done successfully. Both drives now running together.