Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cannot find Spellforce2.exe (updater)

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, i've got this game Spellforce 2 and also this update.. but when i run the update it says it can't find spellforce2.exe .
I really need this update because it includes a mapmaker, and i would really enjoy making maps for this game.
ive already tried adding things to the registry in the software map

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Phenomic\Spellforce2 and even made more then 1 installpath keys
I've tried:

tried it both with and without \ at the end of the line

they are all leading to the place where the game is installed (C:\Shadow Wars\) its an expansion btw (ofcourse with non expansion)
(btw now don't go complaining about how i installed it in C:\ directly)

i hope some of you guys could help me

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
There's an official and dedicated forum for Spellforce users which is more likely to be able to help here: http://www.spellforce.com/

Normally we wouldn't direct you to another forum, but I regard this as an acceptable exception to that rule.
I hope you find appropriate help there.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 16 January 2011 - 05:41 AM.

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Looking at the way you're trying to install this also makes me thing you didn't buy this game legally. :D
Why would you want to mess with the registry when installing the game using the disks should be sufficient.

Edited by Artellos, 17 January 2011 - 04:08 PM.
Made a prettier post.