It runs under XP, it's service tag is h8r6761, has a Dell mobo oy5638, now the problems:
1. Most of the time it continually reboots [sometimes it actually works]
2. Each time it does actually come on it has lost its Show Quick Launch
3. It sometimes says it has 'invalid configuration info' even though it has the factory default.
4. It has lost some of its drivers as follows: Multimedia Sudio Controller, Video Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatibal), Ethernet Controller [this I do not care about as I am on dial-up]
Attempted corrective measures already done:
1. Checked harddrives (sata) even replacing one with a known good one from another computer.
2. Replaced memory sticks.
3. Changed 3 volt battery.
4. Ran ccleaner
If you can help it will be much appreciated.