Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows cannot detect wireless or wired network cards

• Please log in to reply

dps33

dps33

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just installed xp home and now, when I try to connect to the internet, I get 'windows cannot detect wireless or wired network cards'. I don't have any drivers and I've spent 2 days looking for them to download without success. It's an Emachines E3031 and the motherboard is MS7207 Ver 2.0 K8NGM2-H. Please help, I'm getting very frustrated and my girlfriend is tired of being shouted at.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The eMachines website does not list the E3031 so the only other option is to get motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer & hope they work.
I suggest you use their "Live Update Online" service on this page: http://eu.msi.com/in...c=downloadindex

However, for desktop computers the driver for the network card is usually not supplied by the motherboard manufacturer since it's usually a separate, removable card made by another company. It's driver is either built in to Windows or you must get it from the network card manufacturer's website.

When I had Windows XP I fitted a new network card and didn't need to install a driver, it was built in to Windows already.

It may be you need to install Service pack 3 (SP3) for XP if you haven't already done so.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 16 January 2011 - 02:20 PM.

dps33

dps33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the advice. Will try the site out tomorrow.
P.S. SP3 is installed. Thank you again