programs so I'm going with the i7 950 with a nvidia quadro 4000. I'm not sure what mother board to get. Nor do i understand what slot to put it in. Seems there are several different PCIe slots. PCIex1, PCIex16 and others. What slot do i use for the card? I'd like to keep costs around 1750 before taxes. Duno if this is possible or not.
Any advice would be awesome !!!! Thanks in advance...!!!
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950
Not sure the differences between these boards. Wich one is best ?
MSI X58A-GD45 Desktop Motherboard - Intel Chipset ATX - Socket B LGA-1366 - 24 GB DDR3 SDRAM - Serial ATA/600, Serial ATA/300 - 7.1 Channel Audio
Asus SABERTOOTH X58 Intel X58 LGA1366 ATX SLi, CrossfireX, DDR3-2000, 3x PCI-Express X16, SATA3/6G, RAID, GBLAN, Firewire, eSATA, USB 3.0
They also had the Asus sabertooth x58 LGA1366 cheaper at new egg, but it was an oopen box that may or may not have all the parts. is it worth the risk for
KINGSTON 6GB (3x 2GB) DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 CL9 TRI KIT
SEAGATE 500GB 3.5 INCH SATA HARD DRIVE 7200RPM 16MB
Ill get 2 for the raid setup
42.00 each at www.atacom.com
Not sure what case i need, but here are 2 i looked at
ANTEC SOLO QUIET MID TOWER CASE NO POWER SUPPLY BLACK
CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color)
ANTEC EARTHWATTS 500W POWER SUPPLY 12V PFC PCI-E 80 PLUS
Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64-Bit, DSP, 1-Pack
Not sure if i need 7 ultimate or not. have read and heard different things, but it seems impossible to get a good comparison of features
Sony 24X SATA DVD/RW Burner With Lightscribe (Black, Bulk)
PNY Quadro 4000 2GB Fermi VCQ4000-PB PCI-Express X16 Video Card w/ DVI
I think thats everything. If there is anything I have missed please let me know.
Thanks for taking a look. !!!!!!
Here is the other possibility.
The other idea would be to go with a build like this. with no video card and just add that when i get it.
This is from extreme gear it gives u a keyboard mouse speakers and flash memory card reader. also i would get 1 yr warranty and tech support. This is appealing to me because I like the idea of a warranty and tech support. Plus the bells and whistles are a nice extra. Are these parts decent. I know the case on this is cheap 65 bucks.
this is all sooo complicated
1. CAS: Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display (Black Color)
2. CS_FAN: Default case fans
3. CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366 [+20]
4. FAN: Intel LGA1366 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
5. MOTHERBOARD: (2-Way SLI Support) Asus Sabertooth X58 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3 FCLGA1366 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [+36]
6. MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1333MHz Triple Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
7. POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts – XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply
8. HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
9. HDD2: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+65] (Single Hard Drive)
10. CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
11. SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
12. SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
13. NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
14. KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
15. MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
16. FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
17. USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
18. OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Ultimate [+209] (64-bit Edition)
19. SERVICE: Standard Warranty: 1-Year Limited Warranty Plus Life-Time Technical Support
20. _PRICE: (+1083)
video card would be an extra 700 www.ebay.com
This set up will be 1800 or so + tax