Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard Component

• Please log in to reply

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I see now that you got past the fuse issue. Missed it before. Have you tried disconnecting all of the disks and removing any add-on cards in the computer? Just leave the RAM in so it will run the POST check. You want to disconnect everything except what is required to do the power on test and display it to your screen. If you have a video card installed and the motherboard has onboard video as well, remove the card and use the onboard connector. You may have to change a jumper or a BIOS setting (tough without video) :D Other components can keep the motherboard from powering on and booting.

Another thing that you can try is removing the motherboard from the case and setting it on something non-conductive and connecting the power supply and turning it on. If it works, it was shorting against the case and you'll want to see if there's a screw or something floating around inside that has gotten under the motherboard. Good luck!

Advertisements

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hi guys! I've manage to boot from the motherboard it's already working now but honestly I didn't know how I fixed it (maybe just got lucky) I just replace some other components that I think is defective. It's a bit hard coz the components are so small I need to use a magnifying glass just to point the iron on it. By the way how can I test if the motherboard is stable? Is a burn-in test applicable to know whether it can perform well? If so, what software is best for the test? Tnx again guys! (sorry for being noob here)

Oops! Sorry, I didn't see Sir Springers post, I've already did all the advice you mentioned. Ram, keyboard, psu and the processor and the motherboard is already on a improvised platform base.

Edited by chickmazta, 03 February 2011 - 08:49 PM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Hi guys! I've manage to boot from the motherboard it's already working now

Congratulations!

the components are so small I need to use a magnifying glass just to point the iron on it.

That's why I have one of these. Frees up my other hand, plus puts light right where I need it. There are several benchmarking programs. Prime95 is popular though it is often used for CPU stress testing. If me, I would just start using the computer - though probably not for any critical work for awhile. I would also watch your voltages.

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Sorry for the late update, it seems that it past the prime test. But to be sure I set it up completely and put it in a case. All installed with 1Gb of memory, an agp card, hard drive and dvd drive. Installed win xp pro on it and its running fine as of now. I've got 3 more days to test the machine before I can release it. Anyways a BIG BIG thanks for all the help! Really appreciate guys. Good day and more power GTG!

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Thanks for the followup.