Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headphone jack

• Please log in to reply

Slither

Slither

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Having problems with my headphone jack.My mic jack is working but not the one for my speakers. I use a headset so i could really use some help fixing the problem. i just upgraded from vista to windows 7.i plug in the headset and the mic works fine but the sound comes out my laptop speakers and not my headset.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did it work under Vista?
Double check the connection and wiggle the headset connection. Pull it out and insert it a little at a time listening for audio to come through.
If it doesn't you may have a broken solder point on the inside of the system on the motherboard.

Slither

Slither

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
it worked under vista yes

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok just a thought but have you checked in the volume control in Win7 to see if the headphone volume is turned down or muted?

Slither

Slither

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I dont even see it showing the headphone speakers. I see main speakers and something else

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm Win7 seems to be a little more of a pain to fix this.
Right click on the volume control down by the clock and go to properties or Mixer.
See if there is a headset volume there or a master volume.
Also does your headset have a volume control on it?

Slither

Slither

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
there is but its not showing the headphones as being a option

Slither

Slither

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok got it to come up but now when i plug them in it says there there but it still plays music out my laptop speakers. it reads it when i plug it in and out but when there in it still plays music out my speakers

Slither

Slither

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
fixed it just had to set it as default so when i unplug them it goes to speakers. thanks for your help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations Slither. ;) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible