Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck on black screen, Keyboard wont function.

• Please log in to reply

green024

green024

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The Desktop that is giving me issues is one I had purchased from CyberPower PC. I believe I had them install Windows Vista x86. I have picked up a few viruses and trojans and such since owning it, (one that disabled me from using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete menu) and had them removed with free programs like Malwarebytes and super anti spyware.
After this had happened, I noticed that Any keyboard I try to use will not let me control the cursor when trying to start up your computer in safe mode at the black screen.

Everything seemed back to normal for several months(besides the keyboard not working in black screens). And then just the other night here is what led up to my black screen Which is asking me to enter a windows repair disc Due to my registry being damaged, or something rather. (Sorry, i am at work and am no where near my Pc that is the issue at hand, I cannot recall exactly what it said.)
I had my internet unplugged when i was gone the other night, and a few friends stopped in while i was gone and turned on my Computer. Since they could not get it online, they drunkenly decided to just unplug it from the wall without shutting it off first. So now every time I turn on my computer, It takes me initially to the black screen that tells me: Window did not shut down properly last time, blah blah blah, And then at the bottom there is a timer counting down from 30 seconds, and i have 4 or 5 choices on how to start windows back up. Start normally, start in safe mode, start in safe mode with command prompt, and so on. Buuut since I cannot use my keyboard, I am forced to start windows normally.
After the 30 second timer goes away, I am brought to another black screen. This one is telling me that I need to Insert my Windows recovery cd and restart and run the disc. Then at the bottom of that screen it states that there is an error with my registry.

Any help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you very much.

Edit* I do have the windows recovery disc, but I cannot figure out how to run it without the use of a keyboard.

Advertisements

green024

green024

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
This is what it reads: at the second black screen.
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix this problem:
1. insert your window installation disc and restart your comp.
2. Choose your language, then click next.
3. CLick repair your computer

File: \Windows\system32\config\system
Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is either missing, or corrupt.

green024

green024

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
too tired to explain it now, but I am online after having to reinstall vista.