Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java problems

• Please log in to reply

RobotWizard

RobotWizard

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having problems with my JVM and I have no idea what to do. Here's the deal:

I noticed problems with Java (i.e. applets not running) a couple weeks ago. I don't know what caused this for sure, but I had let my roommate use my computer and right after that I had that search assistant bug, the one where a search page comes up on the about:blank IE page. I believe I got rid of this, and everything else seems fine except for Java.

I removed and then reinstalled Java 5.0 but applets still do not work. I tested the JVM on the Java website and it doesn't work. So I guess "Java™ may not be properly installed on your system".

Now, I have tried reinstalling several times, this doesn't help. In the IE settings, under "Java (Sun)" I have "Use JRE 1.5.0_02 for <applet>" checked, and under "Microsoft VM" I have "Java console enabled" and "Java logging enabled" both checked. I have tried checking and unchecking the "JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled" box, it works neither way. Under Security settings I have Java permissions at low safety and Java Scripting enabled.

Java settings seem fine, but when I looked at the Java console today there was this message (which seems like an error message but I don't know):

AWT blocker activation interrupted:
java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.AWTAutoShutdown.activateBlockerThread(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.AWTAutoShutdown.notifyThreadBusy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.initDispatchThread(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Can anyone tell me what I can do to get this all working again?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements