Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo new account

• Please log in to reply

Kristina

Kristina

• PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Hi!

I am having a very weird problem with Yahoo mail. I tried to make a new email account. After I complete the form, I am taken directly to the Sign in form. When I try to sign in with the new created user and password, it says the id isn't yet taken... I tried this dozen of times on 2 different computers. I finally asked a friend to do it and he managed to enter the id and password, then he is taken to something with 'Upgrade your account': Add a Yahoo! ID and email address Choose a new Yahoo! ID / email address for your account.' It says 'Hello', meaning you're already logged in.. When you click the upgrade button, you are taken back to the log in form (now with the id already filled in), then from the log in to upgrade your account. It all goes in a circle forever...If I try to avoid the upgrade my account button, I am in the end taken to the log in form again. (note: I am still not able to create on my computer an account, somehow for my friend it worked..)

I also get errors when I enter my usual email account, saying 'this id is not yet taken'! It finally works after several attempts.

Also when my friend finally managed to create the account, I received a confirmation message on my regular email. it says "You recently added a new email address to your Yahoo! account, or initiated verification of an existing email address. To verify that you own this email address, simply click on the link below. Verify [email protected]. the thing is that the email they say I need to verify is the same email I AM LOGGED IN, that is my regular email. Of course when I enter it says I'm already logged in.

Then below it says, If you can't click the sign in button, you can verify your email address by copying and pasting (or typing) the following address into your browser:

https://edit.yahoo.c..................

This link either doesn't work, or it takes me (the page loads up veery slowly) to the same you're already logged in. If I copy the link, log out and paste it in the browser, it takes me to Sign in to yahoo form.

I am desperate as I need to create this email for office. Whatever I do, I get back to that freakin sign in form and then to upgrade my account. Please help!

Edited by Kristina, 18 January 2011 - 01:09 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
I think it may be a problem at their end, not yours. You'll have to contact Yahoo Mail by using the contact details which should be on there website.
We obviously can't help if it's Yahoo's fault, which I think it is since the same problem's occurred on two different computers.
It is definitely there fault if you have no problems setting up accounts and logging in on other websites.