(My browser won't let me search this site outside of Google... without a Content Encoding Error)
So check out that thread and you shall see what I'm talking about. I am having that exact image problem, but only on my client PC(s).
- I am using ICS for a Dial-Up connection on a Vista Desktop computer (Acer)
- The connection is being shared through a router (Linksys)
- My other PC(s) are picking it up just fine, and are granting me internet access. So all is good.
- My other PCs, or my CLIENT computers, consist of two Vista Laptop computers (Acer) and one Desktop Windows XP Home computer (XP)
My Hosting Vista Desktop Computer:
- the internet will work fine-for a while. Then the internet stops working and I must restart before it works again (Although the connection remains stable or CONNECTED.)*
- None of the before-mentioned image issues and download issues occur on the hosting computer at all. EVER.
Any one of my client computers:
- When the internet stops working on the host computer, the internet continues to work on the clients so long as it is still connected.*
- The image issues and downloading issues occur regardless of what browser I use (Chrome, FireFox, IE)
- I constantly get a Content Encoding Error when using FireFox, and a similar message with any other browser.
How to best force the Content Encoding Error:
I load up Google Images and search there. Before the entire page loads, I am left with the screen in the image attached to this post...(Hopefully it uploaded correctly.)
What I've tried:
- Pretty much all that was suggested in the mentioned thread above ^^' yet the same problems persist.
Possible Causes of these problems so far?:
- I had a Windows XP Host, but the power Supply needs to be replaced. So we are using the Vista Computer as the host of our internet for now.
**Absolutely none of these problems occurred while the windows XP Desktop was the host...
I hope to revise this some more later on with anything I may have missed, so let me know if I'm lacking a bit of info!
(Also, I am a bit of an intermediate user with computers... however I am not sure of how to find my specs ^^' I am still a "child", if you will.
My parents could possibly help out?)
Thanks for any and all help in advance.