Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Help - Blue Screen Error

• Please log in to reply

DS2011

DS2011

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all. I have just joined and need your advises. I used the disk from Dell to repair my computer as suggested solution I read from this forum. I have encounted new problems as following.

System: Window XP
Brand: Dell, desktop

While the disk was repairing my window, the following messages appeared:

1. iaStor.sys cannot be located. It prompted me to search and when I located the file in my computer, it said the copy is not 'xxxxxxx' (sorry didn't get the name) and by installing it, the system will not be stable (not actual message). So, I pressed 'no' to stop installing iaStor.sys and it continued repairing.

then,

2. C:\windows\microsfot.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded
3. The procedure entry point GetRequestedRuntimeVersion could not be located in the dynamic link library mscoree.dll

both messages, I choose ignore and the repair continued. When I went to do some works, the computer suddently rebooting itself (I am not sure whether complete repair was done). My computer reboot to the screen where I need to choose 4 options i.e. safe mode; last working condition etc but none of the options work now.

Please advise what I shall do now. I am a novice in computer so I will need step by step guide from the experts here.

Thank you very much!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might try this.

http://support.dell....8&isLegacy=true

SRX660

DS2011

DS2011

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank SRX660 for your prompt reply. Will try out tomorrow. Any idea what to do with the other two messages?

Thanks.
ds2011

DS2011

DS2011

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi SRX660

I have done what you suggested and the repair goes well except the two messages appeared again. Now, the complete repair is done and my computer re-booting to Windowsxp logo screen. There is a message 'please wait' appeared on it, but it seems like it is hanging as nothing happens even after 10 mins. What should I do?

ds2011