Case: NZXT Phantom (white) - http://www.newegg.co...6-067-_-Product
Power Supply: NZXT Hale90 1000W 80+ - http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=6624626
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 PRO - http://www.newegg.co...1-691-_-Product
RAM: http://www.newegg.co...600 (PC3 12800)
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k
GPU: EVGA GTX 570 - http://www.newegg.co...0-595-_-Product
SSD: Crucial 128GB Sata 6GB/s SSD - http://www.newegg.co...8-348-_-Product
Hard Drive: Samsung 1TB Sata 3
CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - http://www.newegg.co...3-065-_-Product
A few questions/thoughts:
1. Do the intel processors or ASUS MBoard ship with thermal compound, or do I need to get that separately?
2. I'm open to RAM suggestions but I do prefer 2 sticks of 4 GB. I read somewhere that the Sandy Bridge processors are optimized for DDR3 1600 and wanted to know if that's accurate.
3. I'm undecided on the i7 2600k verus the i5 2500k. Since I will be doing a lot of gaming, I'm under the impression that the HT on the 2600k will be useless and saving a 100 dollars there is a smart move. Thoughts on that?
4. Looking for some feedback on my CPU heatsink. I've heard good things about the particular model I chose, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.
5. Finally, I'm getting the 1000w power supply to prepare for SLI in about 6 months or so and went for that wattage based on two GTX 570s.
Thank you very much for your time; all comments are welcome!