Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer doesn't quite recognize keyboards

• Please log in to reply

ShadowJ.Dark

ShadowJ.Dark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, so I was going to be gaming with some friends, and had brought my computer. While I was setting up, one of them bumped my power cord and kicked it out, interrupting it from its starting up. Since that happened, I booted it back up, but now it doesn't recognize keyboards like it should. At the login screen, which is all the further I can get, the only keys that actually do something are the backspace key and the space button, which in the password field, create characters for some reason. This whole thing is completely unheard of to everyone I've talked to and I really want my computer back, so I'm hoping you guys/girls can help me out. I'm running Windows 7 home edition and have an e-machines desktop computer, nothing special. Also, I should mention that even the on screen keyboard, which I've only been able to get to once, does the same thing.

Advertisements