Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! my harddrive is not active?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dragracer1970

dragracer1970

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My situation is i just did a REFORMAT on my C: Drive and reinstalled windows, and updated all the drivers and my PC is working excellent again! BUT MY OTHER HARDDRIVE F: i have is not active ? i can go to MY computer and click on the drive which is not called F: anymore for some reason, and all of my games and info are still stored in the drive... BUT when i put a game CD in it just tries to INSTALL the game because its not recognizing it on my other drive...Also when i go to my Start menu and all programs i no longer have all of the programs in my other drive in the list... is there something i have to do to make it work again? once again i reformatted C: drive not my F: drive which are BOTH 76GB, one is cd rom the other is DVD. my DVD drive which i DID NOT REFORMAT is the one that is not active basically? not sure what to do... can any body give me an idea of what im missing...(this is my first reformat ever so im a noob) i used google searches to get through it all!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You should post only in 1 topic area.
I have replied HERE

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This topic closed for duplication as indicated above.