Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Wont Boot

• Please log in to reply

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Try one more thing then, remove all the ram from the mobo & boot up. See if the beeps change.
If not, remove the vid card as well & see if the beeps change

Advertisements

cruzin101

cruzin101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Try one more thing then, remove all the ram from the mobo & boot up. See if the beeps change.
If not, remove the vid card as well & see if the beeps change

View Post

removed the video card and all the ram still beeps...

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, I'm out of ideas at the moment then. The only other thing you could double check, is the CPU is installed OK. But like I said, if you remove the heatsink at all, you should apply fresh thermal paste.

I will see if I can get Rockster2U or Doby to have a look over your problem, maybe they will have some other ideas about it.

cruzin101

cruzin101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

OK, I'm out of ideas at the moment then. The only other thing you could double check, is the CPU is installed OK. But like I said, if you remove the heatsink at all, you should apply fresh thermal paste.

I will see if I can get Rockster2U or Doby to have a look over your problem, maybe they will have some other ideas about it.

View Post

alright thanks =)

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, I've had a reply from Rockster2U.

He has suggested one other thing to try (he has built a number of systems recently using this range of motherboards) which is :

Press and hold the INSERT key while powering the system on. If that gets it started, press DEL to go into the bios & reset everything.

Apart from that, he is under the opinion that the board is fried, and I agree with him. If it's still under warranty, I suggest you RMA it asap.

Sorry I can't give you any other suggestions but I'm out of ideas. I think RMA'ing is your best bet right now.

Samm

cruzin101

cruzin101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

OK, I've had a reply from Rockster2U.

He has suggested one other thing to try (he has built a number of systems recently using this range of motherboards) which is :

Press and hold the INSERT key while powering the system on. If that gets it started, press DEL to go into the bios & reset everything.

Apart from that, he is under the opinion that the board is fried, and I agree with him. If it's still under warranty, I suggest you RMA it asap.

Sorry I can't give you any other suggestions but I'm out of ideas. I think RMA'ing is your best bet right now.

Samm

View Post

I think you are right, this thing is too bizarre and we have tried like everything, im gonna call up abit tomorrow morning. I just want to thank you for taking the time and helping me out =) i really appreciate it.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're welcome.
Lets us know how you get on with replacing the board.

Samm :tazz:

cruzin101

cruzin101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

You're welcome.
Lets us know how you get on with replacing the board.

Samm  :tazz:

View Post

Just wanted to let everyone know ya it was the mother board, i went and tired another one and guess what hooked it all up and the monitor came on the bios loaded and everything. =)

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Cool. Thanks for letting us know!