Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unwanted home page when I use browsers

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Have been having an ongoing conflict with a Pogo game made by Oberon. In short was using trial period, then bought the game. But received message trial period had ceased and game would not longer play until I bought same.

Went round and round arguing with Pogo site about my pruchase, sent attachment of bank statement showing the purchase, but was getting nowhere. Finally bought game at another site with a Reg. Number. Still in conflict with Pogo/Omeron re their game.

Throughout all of this had not used browser. Now when I went to use same, the home age is Pogo.Com. I have tried everything, even uninstalled and reinstalled browser, gone to site you you set IE to default and all its other settings. But still get the Pogo.com home page. Then have to hunt around for a way to get to MSN.com.

Believe me I have searched everywhere trying to get rid of this unwanted site but so far to no avail. Can any help guide me to where I can rid myself of this home page and return to MSN? :D

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
"gone to site you you set IE to default and all its other settings"

What "site" do you mean?
"Internet Options" in Internet Explorer's menu-bar is where you change the home-page, it isn't a "site".

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
OOps using wrong technical words here. Yes, I do mean the Internet Options page. Had previously tried to set the home page here but it would not work. Sooooo I have a cleaning folder where I put all my tool programs that I use to do a cleaning of PC ever so often. Went through the routine, then went back to the Internet Options page and tried again. This time it worked! Why I do not know. Used CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Spotbot programs. Perhaps they cleaned out the problem.

But I do thank you for taking the time to open a dialogue re my problem. At least you confirmed that I am on the right track and that is supportive. Again thanks.