Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

issue with emachine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nushka

nushka

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I was working on my computer and a blue screen popped up with some error message and I tried to reboot the computer and the recovery page came up and I decided to do the whole recovery process that allows you to keep all your saved files secure but when I clicked on it, it remained on the loading page and it was at 0% for a long time so i decided to reboot again and a black screen came up saying "BOOTMANAGER NOT WORKING, PRESS ALT CTRL DEL TO RESTART COMPUTER" and I kept doing that over and over and it kept bringing me back to the same black screen. I contacted emachines manufacture and they suggested that I purchase the recovery media. Do I have any other options? help please.....

Advertisements

michaelg9

michaelg9

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,949 posts
Hi ;)
:D . My name is Michael and I am here to help you fix your computer. ;)
If you have already received help elsewhere please inform me so that this topic can be closed.
If you haven't, please keep reading:
Note: Before we start the process you should:
  • POST your logs, don't attach them, as it makes it harder to read.
  • Save or print these instructions as a part of the fix will be in safe mode where you will not be able to access the internet.
  • Disable ANY programs that offer real-time protection features while executing my instructions. That includes your antivirus, antispyware, windows defender or any other program that offers protection. When you're clean or waiting for my next set of instructions, re-enable them .If you need any help disabling them, ask.
  • Each time I instruct you to download a file to use it, please do it even if I have told you before to download it again. This is because these tools are frequently updated to detect newer infections.
  • Last, as most of the tools we use here need administrative rights in order to function properly, I expect that you will be running them from an administrator account.

I want some information of the computer first:

What version of Windows do you have? XP, Vista etc..

Do you have a Windows CD? That's the CD that came with your computer or you used to install your Windows version.

michaelg9

michaelg9

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,949 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.