Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Websites Won't Open

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Some websites won't open. Example Greyhound.com. It will try to connect for a long time and never open. Also I have MSN Messenger Live and I got a notice that a new version is available and in order to continue I have to download it. So I didn't download it so now I can't open it.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

I have just had a quick look at the site you provided and it does come up on my computer. I would like to suggest a few things some of which might not seem important but I would like you to carry them out. What I want you to do is the following and I will explain further down on how to do them.

• reset TCP/IP settings
  • Malware removal forum

Reset TCP/IP settings

• Goto start and select run
  • In the run box type notepad and hit enter
  • Paste the code below into notepad and save as reset.bat

@echo off

netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
netsh firewall reset

When you have ran this file restart your computer and try to connect. If this failes please do the following below.

Malware Check

I reccomend that you post this problem in our malware removal forum. Please read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :D

If you are still having problems please reply back to this topic.