Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrade needed?

• Please log in to reply

WilliamRP1988

WilliamRP1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Not to seem inpatient, but is there anything else I can do while I await a response?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you post in the waiting room with a link to you malware topic?
They usually get to you quick then.

WilliamRP1988

WilliamRP1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Just posted in the waiting room. I had posted it in Spyware, maleware removal originally.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes and if you have waited more then 3 days then you post a link and original date of malware topic in the waiting room. Sometimes topics are missed and this alerts the techs you have been missed so they can get to you quicker.

WilliamRP1988

WilliamRP1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
**UPDATE**

As I have said before, my father is also helping me with this perplexing debacle. He had me do the following:

-Re-downloaded the most up to date drivers from Jaton.I specifically chose 32x Bit Windows 7. I had asked my dad how to find out what windows I was actually using, between 64 and 32. I have found out I am using a 32 bit.

-Remove Radeon 2600 XT ATI Catalyst Control Center & Codecs

- I also, right clicked on my desktop, clicked on Nvidia Control Panel, went to Manage 3D Settings. From there, I scrolled down to Texture Filtering- Quality, I clicked on it and chose High Performance as an option.

This didn't work, I have changed the options back of course (But the Radeon). Just thought I should keep you in the loop.

Edited by WilliamRP1988, 28 January 2011 - 01:12 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the update. :D

WilliamRP1988

WilliamRP1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
**Update**

-I downloaded Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, and cleaned my registry

- I would give the report for the registry, but I can't seem to open the file. It says " Not all the files could be written to registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes."

-I did a Defrag & Optimization with Auslogics Disk Defrag.
- Auslogics report: C:\Users\william\AppData\Roaming\Auslogics\Disk Defrag\Reports\Disk_Defrag_Report.html

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I downloaded Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, and cleaned my registry

Not sure why you would run a registry cleaner as we never advised this and in reality never would as they tend to cause more issues then they fix.