Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Macro/VB question

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I use Excel 2007. I hope how I describe this makes sense. I am by no mean a VB authority. Much of the lines of code I created for my Excel VB macro was done though trial and error and a lot of googling. With that being said, I just can't seem to get one thing right.

I'm trying to create a section in my macro that will copy the contents of cell AE2 (which will contain a formula) into the remaining cells of column AE (AE3 through whatever) that have data in another column ©. However, the last cell in column AE changes depending upon the file I use, so the last rown is not always the same number.

I was able to edit the macro so that it copies to the entire column (all 1,048,576 cells). But this is way too much. I don't want it to copy the formula to every cell in a column, but rather every cell in a column AE that has data column C.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisements

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
***UPDATE***

I figured out how to use the VB macro to calculate the last row in the worksheet.

Dim LR As Long
LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count

However, I'm not sure how to now use this variable to select the cells in the range. I tried the following, but none seem to work:

Range("AE3:AE[LR]").Select
Range("AE3:Indirect(R[LR]C)").Select
Range("AE3:Indirect(R[LR]C, FALSE)").Select

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
After three four days of trial and error and going to every google page imaginable, I think I finally figured it out.

Range(Cells(2, 31), Cells(LR, 31)).Select