Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 7 pc not booting to bios

• Please log in to reply

Mega1

Mega1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi,

pc was on and running fine left it for about an hour came back to the pc in standby mode,then i click the mouse to turn it on but nothing happened,this has happened before so thought ok just reboot,so power off button for a couple of seconds then on again...powers up but nothing else so tried again looking for the flashing lights to tell me that its booting up..still nothing.on my mouse i have a light telling me it has power but it does not light up my dvd drive does not open (i know i can open it manualy tho)so started thinking psu had gone or partially anyway so i changed my 450watt psu for my old one 370watt psu (graphic card needs 400watt to run) too see if that would make a difference but to no avail still the same so swapped it back again

any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

Mega1

Mega1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
this topic is now solved got my answer from another site

cmos battery in mother board was flat which saves adjustable bios settings and consequently put pc into hibernation

solution:
power off pc remove old battery and insert new battery,boot up pc and go straight to bios setup,select default settings for bios and save but dont exit then input time and date then save and exit and re boot

hope this solution helps others