Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question About Compatability

• Please log in to reply

DeeJayBee

DeeJayBee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a simple question that I hope someone could answer for me. Is a "BIOSTAR A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard" compatible with a "Radeon HD 4890 Video Card" which requires an AGP2 slot?

You see I need a new mother board and I want one to fit the video card I already bought which is the "Radeon HD 4890" if you know of some good mother boards that will use this video card please let me know.

I will check back here of course or you could even email me at: [email protected]

Thank you.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi DeeJayBee :D
There is no AGP slot on the said MB only a PCI-E slot, see the details tab; http://www.newegg.co...8-179-_-Product
I could be wrong but I dont think anyone still manufactures MBs with an AGP slot meaning purchasing a good quality and high spec used MB is your best option, look for one capable of accepting more than 2GB of Ram to get the best performance.