Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SD card problem

• Please log in to reply

JohnGo

JohnGo

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Hi. I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me with a problem I'm having trying to get a 2gb pny SD card to open in my HP laptop E drive. The card is from a new camera and there are pictures on the card. My computer failed to open the E drive with the card inserted (hourglass appears and then the computer locks up. Then I have to go to Task Mgr and end non-responding process).

I tried the card on 2 other computers (one being Vista OS 64 bit laptop and one running XP Pro 32 bit pc) and the card drive opened and acted normal. I can connect the camera with said card via USB cable to the trouble computer and it works fine.

My computer is an HP dv5220 laptop running XP Pro SP3 with 120gb hd and 2gb ram. The camera is a mounted infrared activated camera which makes it impractical to bring the camera to the computer to view pictures.

A CD came with the camera and has drivers for several OS but when I go to install, it tells me that my OS already has drivers for this camera. I installed anyway and it didn't help so I uninstalled the driver.

Thank you in advance for any help you might have.

Advertisements