Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello pdcagirl, your malware topic is here as I think you will know. If you don't get a reply within 3 days of posting your original problem please feel free to post your problem in the waiting room. Before posting please read

3 days with no reply then post it here

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 30 January 2011 - 08:33 AM.

Advertisements

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Update for all trying to help me: :D

see attachment re registry errors (my word!)
have done a defrag of hard drive
regularly use CCleaner to clean files
have disabled desktop messenger backweb file
(have not received the runtime error since doing so (but not holding my breath)

now hope I attach the scan reg file correctly ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• reg scan.JPG

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Update for all trying to help me: :D

see attachment re registry errors (my word!)
have done a defrag of hard drive
regularly use CCleaner to clean files
have disabled desktop messenger backweb file
(have not received the runtime error since doing so (but not holding my breath)

now hope I attach the scan reg file correctly ;)

Hello

Take this advice seriously as I know you will anyway but get rid of that for starters ;) (Uniblue Registry Booster) they make more damage then what they are worth believe you me. If you wish to speed up your system please read the topic called Maintaining your Machine as this tells you what to do. For removal of that registry stuff do the following.

• Download Revo Uninstaller (free edition) from here
  • Save the file to your desktop, for example C:\users\your username goes here\desktop
  • Double click the file to open and install it
  • Find the programs you wish to remove and double click them to begin the removal process
  • Make sure you do the advanced uninstall as it removes the whole program

Edited by wizzy2k5, 30 January 2011 - 12:50 PM.

rrioesmarex

rrioesmarex

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sounds like when you got into Safe Mode and followed the procession to the page that lets pou pick a date to go back to, ..... that you didn't go back far enough.
Pick a date " at least " a week ago ..... preferably longer .... sometime before you started experiencing you problem

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Wizzyk25: when you say "get rid of that for starters" I take it the word 'that' is referring to desktop messenger program? Or do you mean the Uniblue Registry Booster?

And re going back further in time, moesmarex, for a sys. restore - my PC would not let me do that. I could only go back 3 days and that is not profitable enough to do.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Uniblu Registry Booster :D wait till the malware team have sorted you out and post your topic in the waiting room as per above and we will go from there. Its vital to wait until the malware team have sorted you out before going back in time as other issues may arise. When they have sorted you out and you are still having problems we can then proceed to the next step.

Thanks

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Wizzy2k5 - gotchya and think I will go again to malware and repost as it has been almost a week since I did. Maybe it got lost or they are extremely busy - all kinds of things can happen in PC life! ;)

I think it was moesmarex that sent me a link to use for a second posting so will investigate that.

Again thanks for all for following this long thread and trying to resolve my issues. Nice to be supported. :D

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Do not make a 2nd topic

Post in the waiting room located HERE

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
tried posting in the waiting room with your link HERE, but I keep getting the message "server cannot find this page! " that is strange. Will keep trying.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
everyone, the user was directed to the malware forum to clean up an issue, yet you're all still banging things around before that issue is taken care of? you know that you're making it harder for the malware guys to do their job right?

pdcagirl, continue with your ORIGINAL malware topic untill you're given an all clear from trained staff

everyone else, once someone is told to go to the malware forum to get checked out, any other thread about the same issue is off limits until the malware thread is completed.

Advertisements