Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet light flashes then goes off, repeats.

• Please log in to reply

K-Style

K-Style

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright... short and sweet.
For a while now I've been experiencing sluggish internet connections; such as browsing sites, youtube, or online gaming. My ISP is Verizon, I'm using a Westell Versalink 327W. I've had this modem for a few years now. I've called up Verizon asking what the problem could be and they said that it was the Ethernet cord connected between the modem and my computer. I don't feel entirely sure that it is but please confirm?

The Ethernet light starts flashing rapidly once I turn on my PC, after a few minutes it would continue to keep flashing and occasionally stop flashing and turns off, and I would lose internet connection. A few seconds later it would start flashing rapidly again. I can barely play any online games or watch videos like this. :D Answers anyone?

Best Regards,
K-Style

Advertisements