Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Boot Tried Reatogo-X-pe dont't work

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

msdawn

msdawn

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Cant boot machine it just keeps rebooting on its own and wont bring up windows. I seen the same topic and same problem so i did what it said download otlpestd to my laptop then burn to disk. Did that. Put disk in non working puter and Reatogo-x-pe comes up. I double click on otlpe and browse for folder comes up and then im lost cause nothing seems to work. Please help me

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
When asked to browse for the folder, select the Local Disk and browse to and select the Windows folder. See if that brings OTLPE.

msdawn

msdawn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I got scanner error. Target is not windows 2000 or later????????????????

Edited by msdawn, 23 January 2011 - 02:55 PM.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
If your computer can boot from a USB drive, follow these steps:

You will need a USB drive.

Download http://unetbootin.so...dows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net.../xpud-0.9.2.iso to the desktop of your clean computer
  • Insert your USB drive
  • Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
  • Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
  • Press Run then OK
  • Select the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.
  • Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloaded
  • Verify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OK
  • It will install a little bootable OS on your USB device
  • Once the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interface
  • After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
  • Next download http://noahdfear.net...loads/driver.sh to your USB
  • Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer
  • In some computers you will need to press F12 or Esc and choose to boot from the USB. Else, the boot order will need to be set throughout the BIOS setup. Consult your computer's documentation.
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
  • Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt

Please note - all text entries are case sensitive
Copy and paste the report.txt for my review

If the computer can't boot from a USB drive, here is an option for a bootable CD:

You will also need a USB drive.

Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computer
  • Run GETxPUD.exe
  • A new folder will appear on the desktop.
  • Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.bat
  • The program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.
  • Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.
  • Next download driver.sh to your USB drive
  • Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer with the CD you just burned
  • The computer must be set to boot from the CD
  • In some computers you will need to press F12 or Esc and choose to boot from the CD. Else, the boot order will need to be set throughout the BIOS setup. Consult your computer's documentation.
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
  • Remove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt

Please note - all text entries are case sensitive
Copy and paste the report.txt for my review

msdawn

msdawn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
ok when i got your message i was in the middle of scanning and is stilling scanning the sick computer. I tried the AVG scanner from ur forum, to load to disk and it is scanning as i type this and i can see all the trojan horse virus's. Once done it says to rename and not delete then reboot without the disc. ? I have is it says to go in and search for the renamed virus's, then what???? do I delete them then?

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

ok when i got your message i was in the middle of scanning and is stilling scanning the sick computer. I tried the AVG scanner from ur forum, to load to disk and it is scanning as i type this and i can see all the trojan horse virus's. Once done it says to rename and not delete then reboot without the disc. ? I have is it says to go in and search for the renamed virus's, then what???? do I delete them then?

If you are scanning with AVG, renaming the file will have the same results as deleting it. You should never delete a file, unless you know for sure is not a system file. If unsuccessful, follow the steps above to give it a try.

msdawn

msdawn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I wasted all that time doing the AVG scan from your forum did everything step by step and rebooted and still goes back to looping around. Cannot bring up windows. so what I will do now is what you said to do. I will follow ur instructions step by step

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Follow the steps in Post #4.

msdawn

msdawn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
It wont let me boot from usb, went into setup put in 1. removable to start from and it wont do it. I could start it from CD before when I did the AVG. I do not know y it wont let me start from the USB

msdawn

msdawn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Finally got to boot from USB....lord help me please........This is the message I get... SYSLINUX 3.72 20008-09-25 EBIOS copyright C 1994-2008 H. Peter Anvin Could not find kernel image: linux
boot:

Advertisements

msdawn

msdawn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Whew got to the file on the usb went to mnt: then sda1 but i do not see my usb drive
under sda1 is !fixiedef, $AVG, 25463eacd92, 2cc7e0b41, 53ea44c (etc) and 96b18f5a452, _OTL, Cache, cmdcons, config.msi,
documents and settings, e748e (etc), george, help [bleep] back up, msocache, photo 2 album, program files, recycler, system volume information, windows.
Next set is
OPT
proc
rofs
roopt
sys
tmp
usr
var

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
I will consult this with the developer. Meanwhile, When you boot to the Reatogo Desktop, are you able to see the files in your hard drive throughout My Computer icon?

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Whew got to the file on the usb went to mnt: then sda1 but i do not see my usb drive
under sda1 is !fixiedef, $AVG, 25463eacd92, 2cc7e0b41, 53ea44c (etc) and 96b18f5a452, _OTL, Cache, cmdcons, config.msi,
documents and settings, e748e (etc), george, help [bleep] back up, msocache, photo 2 album, program files, recycler, system volume information, windows.
Next set is
OPT
proc
rofs
roopt
sys
tmp
usr
var

There is no sdb1?

msdawn

msdawn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
no i typed all the files listed

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Pull the USB drive out, then re-insert. Does that makes a difference?