Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Media Player 12 Won't Work

• Please log in to reply

highsurf03

highsurf03

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[font="Arial"][font="Verdana"]Hi -

I have Windows 7 Professional on an ASUS laptop. Windows Media Player 12 was playing music I have on my hard drive just fine, then .....

It finished with the play list I had set up. When I went to create a new play list, it added songs I had not selected. When I tried to delete them from the list, the player stopped.

I closed everything down and then reopened Media Player. There was a message that there was no music in my music library. It said that I should click on "organize" and then on "my music" to add the music folder.

When I did that, a message came up that the folder was already in the Media Player library and that I could not add it a second time.

So - as with most Windows problems - I closed out the Media Player, shut down everything else, and re-booted the computer.

Now Windows Media Player will not open at all.

I thought I'd just try to play one of my regular CDs then. I put the CD in the tray and closed the door and nothing happened -- nothing at all. So I took the CD out and re-booted again. The Media Player still will not open.

I thought I would just junk it and try to download a new Media Player from the Internet, but there is no Windows Media Player 12 to download because each download site says that I already have on - the one that came with Windows 7.

So I thought I'd try to download a Windows Media Player 11 - I'm not into anything sophisticated here; I just want to play the music, nothing else - but each download site tells me that I already have a more advanced version and that I cannot download an older version to replace or repair the one I have.

I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thank you in advance,

Highsurf03

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Try using "System Restore" to roll-back your PC to an earlier date.
Start Button >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore

System Restore will not affect any files you've saved in Documents, Pictures, Music folders etc.